Combining an interest in business, a passion for finding the answers and an accounting background, Derek Royster listens to the needs of a case or claim when delivering financial analyses.
Derek works extensively with insurance companies and law firms to quantify economic damages and provide litigation support in high-value cases.
Derek has been involved in numerous high-profile insurance and litigation claims and cases, which have included claimed damages in excess of $220 million dollars, and his engagements have taken him on assignment throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean.
Derek is experienced in large losses related to energy, engineered products and complex or heavy manufacturing.
As fraud claims continue to grow, Derek’s work involving fraud and employee dishonesty has increased. His experience helps insurance companies mitigate exposure and risk. On the corporate side, Derek helps companies identify fraud early and assess potential controls to prevent fraud claims and losses in the future.
Having spent his entire career in forensic accounting Derek’s extensive experience and business background enables him to see the economic context of financial claims to reveal the true loss amount.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- Certified Public Accountant, North Carolina
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Accredited in Business Valuation, American Institute of CPAs
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Business interruption
- Property damage
- Commercial liability
- Breach of contract
- Commercial litigation
- Business valuation
- Personal injury/fatal accident