Mr. Friedrichsen is a senior engineer with over 35 years affiliation with Wandling Engineering. He holds a B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Iowa State University.
His focus is the evaluation of the design of machine components and systems, construction and farm equipment, appliances, tools, and manufacturing equipment. He has conducted hazard analyses and safety studies and has evaluated guarding on various machines and equipment. Other areas of focus include investigation of fires and explosions, evaluation of gas systems, reconstruction of traffic accidents, and analysis of other accidents.
- M.S. Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 1986. Mechanical Engineering.
- B.S. Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 1973. Graduate with Distinction in Mechanical Engineering.
- Mr. Friedrichsen is a registered professional engineer in the State of Iowa. He is also a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (National Association of Fire Investigators).
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- National Association of Fire Investigators
- National Safety Council
- Society of Automotive Engineers