Mr. Fittanto has over 24 years of professional experience in the investigation, analysis, and reconstruction of vehicle accidents involving heavy trucks, passenger cars, motorcycles, bicycles, off-highway equipment, and pedestrians. Mr. Fittanto has specialized training and extensive experience in the analysis of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) incidents.
Mr. Fittanto's education, training, and experience include technical accident investigation and reconstruction, vehicle dynamics, heavy duty truck dynamics and systems, heavy truck brake inspections, cargo securement, 3-D vehicle dynamics and collision simulation programs, truck electronic control module (ECM) and automobile event data recorder (EDR) data extraction and analysis, full-scale testing involving cars and heavy trucks, and photogrammetry. His research and publications include full-scale crash tests between tractor-trailers and cars, calculating speeds for vehicles in yaw, heavy truck rollover, truck brake heating, and the application of vehicle dynamics computer simulations to car and truck handling analyses.
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University, 1999
- B.S., General Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1993
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Arizona, #34039
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Connecticut, #24199
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Illinois, #062-054709
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Indiana, #PE11700043
- Licensed Professional Engineer, New York, #098719
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Pennsylvania, #PE075133
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Texas, #93501
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Wisconsin, #39667-00
- Society of Automotive Engineers, Associate Member—SAE
- National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists—NAPARS