John is an ACTAR accredited Accident Reconstructionist with over 17 years of hands-on experience and training in collision investigation and reconstruction with a law enforcement background. He served as the lead investigator on the Major Accident Investigation Team (MAIT) with the Nevada Highway Patrol in Las Vegas for over ten years. John retired from law enforcement in 2012 and went to work for a well-known Forensic Engineering firm in Houston, Texas before deciding to start his own company in 2015. He has over 1,450 hours of training in the discipline of accident investigation and has instructed more than 1,000 hours of training in advanced accident investigation and vehicle dynamics.
John has a successful track record of applying his training and experience to determine causation and fault in traffic collisions. He uses facts, science and experience to provide his clients with a good understanding of what occurred in the crash and prides himself on having a strong code of ethics. He has been recognized as an expert in accident reconstruction in State and Federal Courts of Texas and Nevada as well as State Courts of Washington and Florida.
John specializes in investigating commercial motor vehicles, compliance related to FMCSR’s, automotive, motorcycle, pedestrian and bicycle collisions throughout the United States. John has received extensive training in the retrieval of information from Event Data Recorders, “black-box”, data on automotive and commercial applications.
- Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Recontructionists (ACTAR) – Accreditation number 1472
- International Network of Collision Reconstructionists (INCR) - Member since 2012
- National Association of Professional Accident Reconstructionists (NAPARS) - Member since 2012
- Texas Association of Accident Reconstruction Specialists (TAARS) - Member since 2012
- Southwestern Association of Technical Accident Investigators (SATAI) - Member 2003 – 2012
- Traffic accident analysis
- Safety aspects of roadway and traffic control
- Pedestrian facilities
- Accident Reconstruction
- Event Data Recorder Analysis
- Rapid Response Services
- Trucking Reconstruction
- 3D Laser scanning
- Forensic media