Jason S. Hammond is a Member at Bailey & Wyant, PLLC’s Charleston office. In 1999, he was admitted to the West Virginia State Bar as well as the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia and the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia.
Mr. Hammond obtained his law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law and received his Bachelor’s degree in Government from West Virginia Wesleyan College. As a Member of Bailey & Wyant, Mr. Hammond concentrates his practice on Civil Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Construction Litigation, Insurance Law and Real Estate matters.
Mr. Hammond is lead counsel for multiple coal companies and a heavy highway construction company in over 300 civil actions asserting flooding damages as a result of surface coal mining operations and highway construction.
Mr. Hammond is a Member of the West Virginia Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, West Virginia Trial Counsel, the American Bar Association, the Contractor’s Association of West Virginia, the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation and the Friends of Coal.
- West Virginia Wesleyan College, B.A., 1996
- West Virginia University College of Law, J.D., 1999
- 1999, West Virginia
- 1999, U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia State Bar
- West Virginia Bar Association
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Contractors Association of West Virginia (Member, Young Contractors & Expo Committee)
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Insurance Defense
- Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Civil Litigation