Gary R. Reinhardt joined KPM LAW in 1996 after almost five years of practice with another insurance defense firm. His practice concentrates on insurance coverage, insurance fraud and complex liability defense. He is General Counsel to the International Association of Special Investigation Units and also serves as General Counsel to the Virginia Chapter of the International Association of Special Investigation Units, a position he has held since 1997. He is a member of the steering committee and a faculty member of the Virginia State Police “Red Flag” Training Program, a training program in insurance fraud for prosecutors, police and SIU units. Gary is a frequent lecturer to insurance claims organizations and law enforcement on insurance coverage and fraud among other legal issues.
Gary lives in Midlothian, Virginia where he volunteers in a number of organizations, concentrating on youth sports. Besides coaching both baseball and basketball, Gary serves as President and Baseball Administrator of the Weaver Athletic Association and also as a member of the Monacan High School Lacrosse Committee. In addition, he is an active volunteer in a number of other organizations, including serving as President of the Moorefield Owners’ Association.
- Virginia Tech, B. A. in Political Science, 1988
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Virginia Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
Awards And Honors
- AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- General Counsel, Member of Board of Directors, International Association of Special Investigation Units
- General Counsel, Member of Board of Directors, International Association of Special Investigation Units, Virginia Chapter
- Faculty and Steering Committee Member, "Red Flag" Commonwealth's Attorney Service Counsel and Virginia State Policce Training
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Chesterfield County Bar Association