Stacey Sever is a civil litigator who approaches each case with a strategic and practical eye. She’s always mindful of the end goal: getting her client the best possible result in the most efficient manner. Stacey has handled a wide variety of claims over her career. She focuses her practice in the areas of sexual abuse litigation, general liability, products, employment, and personal injury.
A respected trial attorney, Stacey’s trial experience covers a variety of issues including breach of contract, employment, discrimination, personal injury, and insurance coverage issues. Her skill as a trial lawyer has been recognized by both clients and the legal community, as illustrated by her recognition by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Board-Certified Civil Trial Specialist, and her acceptance into the American Board of Trial Advocates. Stacey has been recognized as a Minnesota Super Lawyer yearly since 2015, and in prior years was consistently recognized as a Rising Star by Minnesota Law & Politics.
Before law school, Stacey worked as an analytical chemist and is a licensed patent attorney. Never discouraged by highly technical or complex legal issues, Stacey has a gift for synthesizing the most complicated and convoluted of cases into a well-reasoned, manageable message and conveying it to a judge or jury with confidence.
- University of Nebraska, B.S., 1998
- University of Minnesota School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2003
- Admitted to practice in Minnesota and North Dakota
- U.S. District Court of Minnesota
- Board-Certified Civil Trial Specialist (certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association)
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Products Liability
- Sexual Abuse
- Intentional Torts