Lauren Smith, Esq. is the Managing Partner of the Stuart office. Lauren has 10+ years of insurance defense litigation experience, practicing in this area since admission to the Florida Bar. She handles complex bodily injury claims, general liability and first-party property claims. She also brings several years of appellate experience and has both trial and reported appellate decisions.
Lauren earned a Bachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude, from SUNY Plattsburgh. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami, cum Laude. She is admitted in Florida (2010) and to the United States District Court, for the Southern District of Florida. Lauren is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
Lauren's reported appellate decisions include:
Allen v. Celebrity Cruises, Inc., 93 So. 3d 1036 (Fla. 3d DCA 2011)
- Ferguson v. Beem, 141 So. 3d 569 (Fla. 3d DCA 2013)
- Bell v. Shamsey, 141 So. 3d 563 (Fla. 2d DCA 2013)
- Bosanac v. State Farm Florida Ins. Co., 152 So. 3d 587 (Fla. 4th DCA 2014)
- Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp. v. Diamontopulos, 148 So. 3d 547 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014)
- Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp. v. Jerez, 174 So. 3d 1001 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015)
- Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp. v. Bascuas, 178 So. 3d 902 (Fla. 3d DCA 2015)
- Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp. v. Pulloquinga, 183 So. 3d 1134 (Fla. 3d DCA 2015)
- Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp. v. Stieben, 200 So.3d 1134 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016)
- Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp. v. Simoneau, 197 So.3d 70 (Fla. 2d DCA Apr. 13, 2016)
- Montes De Oca v. Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp., 194 So. 3d 1034 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016)
- Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp. v. Salkey, 190 So. 3d 1092 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016)
- Soto v. Tower Hill Prime Ins. Co., 202 So.3d 426 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016)
- Valdez v. Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp., 208 So. 3d 715 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016)
- Citizens Prop. Ins. Corp. v. Sosa, 215 So. 3d 90 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016)
- Steele v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 235 So. 3d 908 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017)
- Reimel v. Federated National Insurance Company, Case No: 5D17-2842 (Fla. 5th DCA 2018)
- Hadad v. Boca Raton Reg'l Hosp., Inc., Case. No. 4D18-2423 (Fla. 4th 2018)
- SUNY Plattsburgh, B.S., magna cum laude, 2005.
- University of Miami J.D., cum laude, 2010.
- 2010, Florida.
- 2010, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- 2010, United States District Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
- Homeowners Associations
- Condominium Associations
- Property Management Companies
- Shopping Malls and Centers
- Home Improvement Retailers
- Rental Car Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Third Party Administrators
- State Bureaus & Agencies