Dr. Meyerhoffer is a licensed physician and attorney. She applies her medical knowledge to represent physicians, nurses, medical practices, and hospitals.
Areas of practice include all forms of litigation, licensing board representation, medical licensing matters, National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) matters, as well as MAC/RAC audits and Medicare Set Asides. She also provides consultative services for physicians and hospitals to assist with risk reduction. Prior to returning to medical school, Dr. Meyerhoffer earned a doctor of optometry degree and utilizes that specialized education to defend ophthalmologists in malpractice litigation. She also has a special interest in assisting with optimizing utilization of electronic health records while limiting potential liability exposure.
Dr. Meyerhoffer also performs medical chart reviews for general liability and malpractice claims. Her attention is specifically directed to causation and potential defenses to claims in an effort to foster early dismissal, reasonable resolution, or success at trial.
- Mercer University (B.S., Mathematics & Physics, 1986)
- University of Houston (Doctor of Optometry, 1990)
- University of South Florida College of Medicine (M.D., 1994)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (Medicine internship & residency training, 1994 – 1997)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- North Carolina State Bar (2007)
Awards And Honors
- North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2013)
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Medical Society
- represents healthcare providers at the North Carolina Medical Board; North Carolina Board of Nursing; Board of Social Work and Board of Pharmacy. Dr. Meyerhoffer also performs medical chart reviews in general liability litigation and negotiates Medicare conditional payments.