Brian M. Williams’ civil litigation practice includes a broad range of areas including product defects, business disputes, unfair and deceptive trade practices, trucking accidents, premises liability, and insurance coverage disputes. He also maintains a selective personal injury practice.
He has a special focus on construction-related claims and disputes and has extensive experience representing general contractors and subcontractors in the defense of claims involving alleged catastrophic injury, death, or substantial property damage. He has experience with a wide array of construction claims arising out of roadway construction, roof collapses, air compressor explosions, bridge collapses, overhead power line electrocutions, utility pole failures, steel erection, fall protection issues and demolition activities.
Mr. Williams has tried defense and plaintiff’s cases and has pursued arbitration on behalf of contractors. He has also handled declaratory judgment actions involving the tender of claims under various additional insured provisions.
For nearly a decade, Mr. Williams has worked closely with a national telecommunications company in claims involving wrongful death, serious personal injury, substantial property damage, and breach of contract disputes and has advised it on matters including contract planning and additional insured coverage.
Mr. Williams’ clients regularly ask him to assist in the investigation of serious accidents or claims before litigation is filed. He is also a frequent lecturer on topics relevant to his clients’ interests.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., History, 1999)
- Campbell University School of Law(J.D., 2002)
- University College of London (Summer Program, 2000)
- North Carolina (2002)
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- businesses, professionals and insurance companies in legal disputes including accident and injury claims, contractual claims as well as general, product and professional liability. He also serves as part of the appellate practice group.