Sean Partrick was born in Washington, DC in 1963 and was raised in Wilmington, North Carolina. After a brief enlistment in the United States Navy as a cryptologist, Mr. Partrick obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his law degree from Campbell University School of Law.
Mr. Partrick started practicing insurance defense litigation when he joined the firm of Barber & Wilson, PA in Greenville, North Carolina in 1998.
In 2003, Mr. Partrick joined Yates, McLamb, & Weyher, LLP and continued his insurance defense litigation work in Raleigh. His litigation practice at Yates, McLamb & Weyher, LLP involves defense of personal injury suits, construction defect claims, commercial and contract disputes, professional and legal malpractice claims, employment claims (including defense of claims alleging race, sex, or other Title VII discrimination), and insurance coverage claims. Mr. Partrick’s practice includes litigation in state and federal courts.
In the past several years, Mr. Partrick has successfully defended several collection businesses or lending institutions against claims alleging violations of federal and state debt collection laws, including claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), North Carolina Prohibited Practices by Collection Agencies and Prohibited Practice by Debt Collectors (NCDCA and NCCAA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and Telephone Consumer Protection Acct (TCPA).
Mr. Partrick and his wife, Kim, have three energetic children who are involved in activities like gymnastics, swimming, basketball, soccer, etc. Mr. Partrick enjoys playing golf and is a member of the Riverwood Golf and Athletic Club.
- Georgetown University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., Economics, 1990, Graduate with Distinction)
- Campbell University School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- North Carolina (1998)
- United States District Court for the Eastern,Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- ACA International
- businesses, professionals, and insurance companies in legal disputes including accident and injury claims, commercial and contract litigation; as well as general, product, and professional responsibility, employment law practice; which includes representing commercial entities in debtor and creditor matters, insurance coverage issues, and contract disputes.