Since her admission to the bar in 1998, Ms. Maldonado’s practice has focused on a broad range of complex civil litigation, including business litigation, construction litigation, environmental and toxic torts, products liability, premises liability, professional malpractice (architects and engineers), debt collections and personal injury defense.
She regularly negotiates and drafts construction contracts and advises businesses on the legal implications of warranties, leases, licenses, service agreements, employment agreements, and insurance agreements. Ms. Maldonado’s litigation practice also includes the investigation of accidents before a lawsuit is filed, often very soon after an accident occurs. She regularly advises clients on litigation avoidance.
Ms. Maldonado has tried cases to verdict within North Carolina state and federal courts, and handled appeals before the North Carolina Appellate Courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Ms. Maldonado is also versed in arbitration, handling commercial disputes pursuant to American Arbitration Association rules and procedures.
Ms. Maldonado has lectured on topics such as insurance coverage litigation, insurance bad faith, litigation case management, settlement strategy, risk transfer and accident investigation. She is a past Council Member of the North Carolina Bar Association Litigation Section and past Chair of the 1L Summer Associate Program for the North Carolina Bar Association Minorities in the Profession Committee. Currently, Ms. Maldonado is a Member of the North Carolina Bar Association Minorities in the Profession Committee and Pro Bono Committee.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., 1994)
- Campbell University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- North Carolina (1998)
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Wake County Bar Association
- businesses, contractors, designers, engineers, insurers and individuals in a wide array of matters.