Jeremy is Drummond Woodsum’s Practice Group Leader for Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights. He represents clients in distressed commercial matters from the first sign of trouble through the most complex financial restructuring or chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Jeremy has substantial experience in bankruptcy, bankruptcy litigation, and bankruptcy appellate matters across northern New England, and he has been recognized as one of the top 40 bankruptcy professionals under the age of 40 in the country by the American Bankruptcy Institute. His clients include secured and unsecured creditors (including official and ad hoc committees), asset purchasers, trustees, DIP lenders, insurance companies, contract counter-parties, directors/officers, and debtors. He also regularly represents parties in out-of-court debt restructurings, loan purchases and sales, receivership's, Article 9 and real estate foreclosures, and debtor/creditor litigation.
Jeremy previously served three terms in the Maine Legislature, where he was House Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. He has taught business law at the University of Maine School of Law, serves on numerous civic and professional boards and committees, and regularly appears as a political analyst on local TV and radio.
- University of Maine School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., summa cum laude
- Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, First Circuit
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts: Maine
Southern District of New York
Awards And Honors
- ABI Publication Award for writing and editing the ABI Quick Evidence Manual (2nd Edition)
- New England Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy, Rising Star
- Chambers USA, Maine, Corporate/M&A: Bankruptcy
- Best Lawyers USA
- American Bankruptcy Institute, 40 Under 40
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Northeast Advisory Committee
- Turnaround Management Association
- Maine Advisory Committee
- Maine State Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Bankruptcy Litigation Committee
- Education Director
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Creditors' Rights
- Bankruptcy and Debtor/Creditor Litigation