David Sherman is the Practice Group Leader for Drummond Woodsum’s Trial Services Group. David has 20 years of experience as a civil trial attorney in federal, state and bankruptcy courts. He concentrates his trial practice on commercial and business disputes, real estate disputes, and probate and estate-related litigation. He also represents homeowners’ associations both in litigation and with respect to general corporate and governance matters.
David is listed in Best Lawyers in America, a guide to the leading lawyers in the country, in the categories of Bankruptcy/Creditor-Debtor Rights Law and Litigation-Real Estate.
In addition, David has represented a variety of businesses, headquartered in Maine and throughout the country. These clients include national and state banks, credit unions, insurance carriers, and paper companies, as well as smaller businesses located in Maine. David has also represented condominium and homeowners’ associations, as well as individuals involved in business disputes or trust-related matters. In 2014, David authored a chapter on Interrogatories in the MCLE publication "A Practical Guide to Discovery and Depositions in Maine."
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1988
- University of Texas, B.A., 1984
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
Awards And Honors
- Litigation-Real Estate Lawyer of the Year, Portland, ME (Awarded by Best Lawyers)
- Best Lawyers USA
- New England Super Lawyers, General Litigation, Business Litigation, Estate & Trust Litigation 2013-2017
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Katahdin Counsel, Honoring Pro Bono Legal Services in Maine,br>
- Maine State Bar Association
- Gignoux Inn of Court
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Creditors' Rights
- Bankruptcy and Debtor/Creditor Litigation
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Securities Enforcement & Litigation
- Real Estate