Katie Johnson focuses her practice on defense of first and third party insurance claims, insurance bad faith, premises liability, and products liability.
Katie has litigated cases in both state and federal court in Colorado and has defended clients in jury trials, bench trials, and arbitration. She has defended and pursued appeals before the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and has contributed to amicus curiae briefing before the Colorado Supreme Court.
Katie’s pro bono work includes civil rights action prosecution in federal court. While in law school, Katie served as Managing Editor of Notes & Comments for the DePaul Law Review.
- B.A.s, Pepperdine University, magna cum laude
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, summa cum laude
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Defense Research Institute
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Faculty of Federal Advocates