Jackie Longfellow primarily focuses her law practice in the areas of employment litigation and counseling on behalf of employers. For the past 15 years, Jackie has developed her practice representing employers in the defense of claims of wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation as well as contract disputes, including covenants not to compete and the misappropriation of trade secrets. Jackie regularly trains, counsels, and advises management and human resource departments on these issues. Jackie also has experience defending companies facing discrimination claims in the commercial and retail contexts. Jackie represents clients in federal and state courts as well as before administrative agencies.
Jackie is a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment-related topics both regionally and nationally. From 2009 through 2012, Jackie was recognized by her peers as a Missouri and Kansas Rising Star. Since 2013, Jackie has been recognized as a Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer. In 2013, Jackie was honored with the Distinguished Service Award by the Kansas Association of Defense Counsel (KADC) based on her volunteer efforts. In 2014 and 2015, Jackie acted as the editor for the KADC Journal and also chaired the association’s Journal Committee. Jackie is a graduate of the KCMBA Leadership Academy as well as the IADC Trial Academy.
- University of Kansas, B.A., 1996
- University of Kansas, J.D., 2000
- 2000, Kansas
- 2001, Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Awards And Honors
- 2016 Super Lawyers Top 50 Women Attorneys in Missouri and Kansas
- ◦Kansas Association of Defense Counsel
- ◦Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- ◦Kansas Bar Association
- ◦Missouri Bar Association
- ◦Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- ◦Defense Research Institute
- ◦Society for Human Resource Management