David L. Wyant is a Managing Member of the law firm of Bailey & Wyant, PLLC, with his office in Wheeling, West Virginia. He was admitted to the West Virginia State Bar in 1980. He is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts in the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, and the United States Supreme Court.
Dave obtained his law degree from Indiana University and his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Miami University. He focuses his practice on civil litigation, including medical malpractice, products liability, industrial accidents, extra-contractual bad faith claims, construction claims, governmental liability, labor and employment litigation.
Dave is Past-President of the West Virginia Defense Trial Counsel and a member of the Defense Research Institute. He also is the Chairman of the West Virginia Consolidated Public Retirement Board and National General Counsel for Circus Saints & Sinners of America, Inc., a philanthropic organization that raises money for local charitable causes.
He and his wife Debbie reside in Wheeling where they are active in various activities and organizations.
- Miami University, A.B., 1977
- Indiana University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1980
- 1980, West Virginia
- 1980, U.S. District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- 1981, U.S. Tax Court
- 1990, U.S. District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- 1994, U.S. Supreme Court
- Ohio County Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia (President)
- General Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- State, County and Municipal Governmental Liability
- Labor and Employment
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Coverage
- Unfair Trade Practices
- Civil Rights
- Constitutional Law
- Medical and Healthcare Malpractice
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Relations
- Workers Compensation