Clay Crawford is an AV rated attorney (www.martindale.com) with substantial jury trial experience and appellate experience in state and federal courts throughout Missouri and Kansas. Since joining the firm, Clay has developed his practice in insurance litigation, the defense of personal injury claims, construction defect litigation, commercial disputes and general trial practice. Clay has earned the Super Lawyers designation in Missouri and Kansas each year since 2009. He has been named one of Best of the Bar by the Kansas City Business Journal, The Best Lawyers in Kansas City® by Ingram's Magazine and the Best Lawyers in America® by U.S. News and World Report. In 2014, Clay was selected as Insurance "Lawyer of the Year" in Kansas City by Best Lawyers. and in 2016 he was named to the St. Louis Post Dispatch list of "Top Lawyers in Missouri."
In addition to his trial practice, Clay has served as an adjunct professor of insurance law at the UMKC School of Law. He has been a frequent lecturer on the subject of insurer extra-contractual liability, uninsured and underinsured motorist law, and various other litigation-related topics. Clay is also a Director and President of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers. Before joining the firm, Clay served as an officer of Employers Reinsurance Corporation, now part of Swiss Re.
- ◦University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 1993, with Honors
- ◦University of Missouri, B.A. in Economics, 1990, with Honors
- ◦Missouri (State & Federal)
- ◦Kansas (Federal)
- ◦8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- ◦10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- ◦President - Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- ◦Council on Litigation Management
- ◦Missouri Bar Association
- ◦Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- ◦International Society of Primerus Law Firms (Primerus Defense Institute) ◦Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Committee