Paul B. Cogswell is the Managing Director of Compliance and Corporate Investigations at McGovern & Greene LLP. He has served the government and private sector in senior management and investigations assignments for the past twenty-five years.
Most recently, Mr. Cogswell was the Vice President of Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Corporate Security for Ceridian Corporation, Inc. a global human capital, government solutions, and financial services company. He was responsible for the corporate compliance, risk management and government security functions of the company. He was the corporate FSO for the Government Solutions division and held a TS/SCI Personnel Security Clearance from the Department of Defense
Prior to his assignment at Ceridian he was the VP/CSO and Director of Corporate Security and Safety for USF Corporation. Mr. Cogswell has held prior positions at Sears Holding Corporation, as the Director of Corporate Investigations and Financial Recovery, President and COO of IFPC Worldwide, Inc., an international investigations firm, and the Director of Corporate Loss Prevention for two BATUS companies, Marshall Fields and Gimbels Midwest.
In his career, he has managed many corporate investigative matters both domestically and internationally, and is an expert in Corporate Internal Investigations, Anti Money Laundering, Anti-Kickback, Anti- Bribery, Foreign Corrupt Practice Act, USA Patriot Act regulatory matters and Intellectual Property Infringement Investigations. He has testified as an expert at the State and Federal levels on investigative practices and has authored a number of articles on complex investigations in corporations. He has personally recovered over 30 million dollars for his employers and clients as a result of his investigations and recovery efforts.
- Juris Doctor, Concord University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
- BS, Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- BS, Biology, St. John’s University, New York, NY
- CFE: Certified Fraud Examiner
- CPP: Certified Protection Professional
- CAMS: Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants –Associate Member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners –Past-President of the Greater Chicago Chapter and Former Faculty Member
- Institute of Internal Auditors –Conference Speaker
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- American Bar Association –Member
Presentations And Publications
- Complex multidisciplinary Investigations -The Fraud Examiner, Houston, We Have a Problem – Complex Investigations in a Corporation - The Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, Compliance Magazine - October 2014
- Internal Theft Investigations -American Society of Industrial Security, ASIS Publication January 2001
- Credit and Debit Card Fraud-Retail Crime, Security, and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference - Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford, UK
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design: Timothy D. Crowe, National Crime Prevention Institute (University of Louisville) Butterworth Heinemann Press, Oxford, UK
- Internal Theft and Corporate Investigations -Handbook of Loss Prevention and Crime Prevention, Fifth Edition, L Fennelly, Elsevier Press, Oxford UK
- Gift Card Fraud Rumors and Reality – Technology News, December 2011
- Security, Spamming, Stalking, Reputation Management – Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals, Compliance Magazine, January 2012